Now that the weather is warmer, I have been enjoying smoothies for breakfast almost every morning. I was intrigued by recipes for overnight smoothies I spotted on Michelle and Emily’s blog and knew I had to give it a try.
Blackberry Pie Overnight Smoothie
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 TB chia seeds
- 1 tsp cherry pie spice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- unsweetened coconut for topping
- Combine oats, chia seeds, cherry pie spice, and 2/3 cup almond milk in a jar. Shake to combine and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, place oat mixture, frozen banana, blackberries, and 1/3 cup almond milk in the blender and blend until smooth. Top with coconut.
I was very pleased with how this turned out. The oats gave it a thick, creamy texture. The cherry pie was an awesome addition. I took home a sample from the store. I haven’t seen a cherry pie spice blend in the grocery store before so I am not sure what they typically contain. The one from work had plenty of cardamom which I enjoy. This will be a fun recipe to experiment with throughout the summer!
I picked up The Perfect Scoop at the library last night. My head is swimming with creative ice cream ideas this morning. I may have to start a batch before heading to work this afternoon
Any great smoothie or ice cream ideas to share?!?!