Sorry the posts have been so sporadic lately. My schedule has been a bit wonky with the holidays and I have been dining with friends and relatives frequently. I just can’t bring myself to bust out my camera in a public place or in front of others. Does anyone else have issues with this?
1. Create a movement/dance piece dealing with my eating issues and show it once for my independent study class and once elsewhere.
2. Run a 5K by the end of May. This will require some research but I will update you on the decided race in the next week or two.
3. Put at least $50 dollars in savings each month. Very challenging considering that my income is substantially less than it used to be. It will probably mean saying no to some invites out or not spending as much money when out which brings me to……
4. Consume no more than 3 alcoholic drinks and 1 refined sugar dessert in a typical week. I feel so much better when I do this now I just need to commit to it! I think there is nothing with a dark chocolate square or a Fudge Baby on a daily basis but I will limit ice cream/cake/sugary coffee drinks to once a week. Exceptions will be made for birthdays and major holidays.
5. At least 2 cardio and 2 weight lifting work outs and 1 yoga class each week.
6. Spend time with parents and brother twice a month. My parents are moving an hour closer to Minneapolis so hopefully I will get to see them more often.
7. Continue blogging five times a week and writing in a journal twice a week. I feel like I know more about myself since I’ve started writing. I don’t know if I have anything of interest to say but I really like the process of doing it.
So, NYE plans have been formalized. I am meeting my aunt and cousins who are in town looking at colleges. We are going to check out the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and then get lunch somewhere on Eat Street. The date boy (who I think I will now be referring to as the bf!) and I are going out to eat with some of his friends and will ring in the new year at my roommate’s brother’s party. I am excited!
Hope you are all well,
Filed under: Uncategorized