Wow! This has been a whirlwind weekend. I spent way too much money and indulged in too many treats, but I had a blast and got to spend quality time with lots of friends. So I think it was all worth it :)
I thought I was done with my holiday tray o’ treats to take to my family celebration on Thursday but I was inspired by my shift at the coffee shop today and Miss Katie’s latest batch of Tiramisu Babies. I give you Nutella Babies with a caffeine habit!
I tossed some roasted hazelnuts, dates, coco powder, a splash of vanilla and a packet of Starbuck Via instant coffee into the food processor and out came these little ladies. In classic Kate style, I didn’t measure, just added more ’til I like the taste! These little Buzzy Baby ‘Ellas are quite tasty and you really only need a tiny one to satisfy the dessert craving.
The Empty Nut Jar passed a seven random fact post onto me. So here are seven random things you don’t know about me. In no particular order:
1. I was the dancing hippo and Frosty in our annual christmas dance show.
2. I don’t have my ear pierced but do have my nose pierced.
3. I have never been to New York City.
4. I hate driving on bridges.
5. My first dog was a golden retriever named Caramel.
6. I once laughed so hard that I did actually wet my pants. Quite embarrassing :)
7. My computer desk is red.
And for my weekly practice, here are some things I am thankful for/really like.
1. That I get to see my family in four short days :)
2. Robert Ullery’s Couch to 5K podcasts.
3. Fuji Ya’s seaweed salad and the fact you can place a take out order on Sunday nights when you are feeling lazy :)
4. My new landlord. (Not only is super on top of things, he also gave us a gift card to Pizza Luce for Christmas!)
5. That I got to see so many great friends this weekend.
6. Snowy mornings and having someone to snuggle with ;)
7. Going to bed early!
I think that is all for tonight. One of the drawbacks of socializing so much this weekend is that it left me a bit sleep deprived :( I will be calling it an early night!
Good night friends!