It has been a lovely day! After putting in my time at work this morning, I came home to finish up ice cream making, yoga class, and making black bean burgers with Art. (more on the burger tomorrow. I can only put so much delish chow in one post!) Foods, friends and fitness are always good.
On to the most important business…..
Coconut Mint Chip Ice Cream
- 1 can Light Coconut Milk
- 1 can Regular Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 TBs arrowroot powder
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- heaping 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- splash of vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine 1/4 cup regular coconut milk and arrowroot powder and mix well.
- Bring remaining coconut milk, light coconut milk, and sugar to a boil stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add arrowroot mixture. Stir until the mixture begins to thicken slightly. Stir in chopped mint and vanilla extract.
- Place in refrigerator and chill until cool. Mix according to ice cream maker directions. Add chocolate chips with 5 min of mix time left.
Amazing! This recipe is loosely based on The Vegan Scoop cookbook that I browsed while at B&N yesterday. It came out very creamy and refreshing. I grew the mint myself which makes me über proud of this creation. The recipe definitely makes more than a pint. Art gave it two thumbs up and asked to keep an extra bowl in his freezer for tomorrow. I think I am going to have lots of fun with my new toy
Breakfast – Day 25
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
After my smoothie fail yesterday, I wanted a combination I could count on. Enter the classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie. Into the blender went 2/3 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 a frozen banana, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup Almond Breeze, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder and 3 ice cubes. Enjoyed with a little Kashi Heart to Heart on top. Sometimes classics are the way to go.
Today was the last day of school for the kiddos so I get to sleep in a bit tomorrow. (Who am I kidding I’ll probably wake up at 6 rather than 4:50) I have summer staff training in the morning followed by the coffee shop in the afternoon. Full day with out a work out break in the middle Oh! Maybe if I wake up early I could do it then….. Update you on this tomorrow